Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Teacher Tidbit Tuesday: A Little About Me!



Today is the first in a series of blogs that I will be completing all summer long. Together with some of my favorite teachers, I'll be sharing some "Teacher Tidbits" each week on Tuesday! 


Today's topic is All About Me. I recently did a post sharing about my teacher life, so I thought use this post to tell you a little bit more about me outside of school. So here are 10 random facts about me!


1. I'm a mom! I have 3 children: Benjamin is 8, Brett is 5, and my daughter Riley is 3. I love having the summer off each year to be home with them! It's part of the reason I went into teaching. I knew I'd be able to have a job that I loved and also have time at home each summer with my family.



2. I have a shopping addiction. It's like therapy for me! I really love seasonal sections in the stores. I love looking at all the cute decor items. Since I started flexible seating in my classroom, I'm always on the hunt for new seating options in my classroom. I like creating a "homey" feeling in my classroom. My favorite stores are Target, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, and Gap. 

3. I could eat pizza every day. Chicago has some of the best pizza in the country! There are so many different pizza places around our home, it's different every time. 

4. I love Disney. I just think there is something so magical about it. It makes me feel like a kid. I love watching the movies with my kids, and seeing them experience the parks and the magic is so special to me. 


5. My teacher Instagram account has made a huge difference in my teaching. Instagram opened me up to a whole new type of teacher pd. I love seeing what other teachers are doing in their classrooms, and making those ideas work for me. If you don't already follow teachers on Instagram, you need to it right now!


6. I have a husband that is an amazing cook (and he cleans!) I like to cook too, so it's something fun we can do together. He loves finding new recipes to make his own. I'm a lucky girl!

7.  I was born in Germany. My parents met in the Army. We moved to the U.S. before I was old enough to remember anything. 

8. I once tried out for Wheel of Fortune. I was really good at solving the puzzles quickly. I made it through several rounds of try-outs, but didn't end up making it on the show. I haven't watched the show since. 

9. I'm a Scholastic Teacher Advisor this year. I was selected (as 1 of 16 teachers) by Scholastic to take a trip to their office in New York to share my thoughts on their company and what they do for teachers. It was an incredible opportunity that came about because of Instagram. I applied through a post they had put out, and was accepted. I will continue to work with them throughout the 2018-2019 school year. 

 


10. I love reading YA books. I know that I need to read them in order to be current with what my students are reading, but I also enjoy reading them. They are easier and quicker reading for me, which is good because with three children I don't have a whole lot of time to read to myself. My goal for this summer is to finish all of the books on the Rebecca Caudill list for 2019. I'll also probably sneak in an adult book or two and a new PD book. Any suggestions??

Below are a list of our topics for Teacher Tidbit Tuesday. Feel free to join us and use the hashtag #teachertidbittuesday so we can all find your posts! Don't forget to follow my blog with your email so you don't miss any of our fun posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment